Have you heard?
Have you heard? There is so much happening in the world around us and sometimes it is so easy to turn a blind eye. I, unfortunately, am someone that doesn’t listen to news daily, but something caught my attention which prompted me to ask these questions:
What is happening in Australia? Why is Australia on fire? Are the fires in Australia still burning?
Since 2019, Australia has experienced extensive drought resulting in severe bushfires for the past few months. Not only has the number of fires increased, even with the valiant efforts of the government and public trying to fight and prevent further fires, but with the hot season approaching, predictions are for the worse. Persons and livestock have been killed, land and homes destroyed.
It is heart-wrenching and painful to watch all that is unfolding.
Carry each other’s burdens, and in this way you will fulfill the law of Christ. – Galatians 6:2
How can we help Australia?
There are many different ways to help those in Australia:
- Thousands and millions of people praying over one issue is powerful. Let us all pray for the people and land of Australia.
- Share this post and others to spread the word and encourage others to act.
- If you can volunteer, many organizations are looking for assistance.
- Even though there may be a desire to donate material items, check the appropriate foundation first. If a specific request for material goods has been issued, cash is always the best donation, but be careful who you send to. Unfortunately, many wolves prey on the weak and develop scamming schemes. This agency has always been my choice for donations.
- If you have a business, maybe part of your proceeds for January can go to the relief efforts in Australia. Or there may be a specific item you sell, that all proceeds from that item will go towards helping the people of Australia.
Do not neglect to do good and to share what you have, for such sacrifices are pleasing to God. – Hebrews 13:16
Prayer: Holy Father, Creator of all things. Hear the cries of your people as one. We pray for the land and people of Australia. As they grieve and are filled with anxiety, we pray for your peace. As in Proverbs 14:31, may we be generous to the needy and bring you honor. Glory be to your name. Amen