Have you ever joined a movement? We are calling all of you to join the movement.
Do you feel that God is telling you to do something but you are either:
- Doubtful that God is really speaking to you…
- Asking God to find someone else because you are too busy or don’t think it is for you
- Just ignoring all signs
- Want to do it but scared, anxious, doubting your own self etc etc etc.
Jonah is famous in the bible for running away from God’s call. You can find Jonah’s story in the book of Jonah in the bible. But for this post, let us reflect on another bible character:
God called Gideon to be a mighty warrior against the Midianites, but he couldn’t believe that God was asking him to lead the Israelite people. After all, he was a farmer and his clan was the weakest clan in all of Israel. To add to this, Gideon also saw himself as the weakest even in his clan. But God didn’t see him as weak, but a mighty warrior!
“The angel of the Lord came and sat down under the oak in Ophrah that belonged to Joash the Abiezrite, where his son Gideon was threshing wheat in a winepress to keep it from the Midianites. When the angel of the Lord appeared to Gideon, he said, “The Lord is with you, mighty warrior.”…“Pardon me, my lord,” Gideon replied, “but how can I save Israel? My clan is the weakest in Manasseh, and I am the least in my family.” The Lord answered, “I will be with you, and you will strike down all the Midianites, leaving none alive.” Judges 6: 11-12, 15-16
After asking for proof from God three times to ensure that it was really him God was choosing, Gideon courageously led the Israelites to victory.
His answer to God’s call not only led to victory but today, the name Gideon, represents “mighty warrior”. It is a name that many Israelite boys want to have.
Even though, I am in in category #4 above, Gideon’s story is a reminder that when God calls you it is because he knows you inside and out. He knows your past and your future. He isn’t looking for the person you think best fits the task, but he is looking for the right person who he knows is HIS best. And he gives us assurance that when we are called, he will be with us!
So what call am I answering….
I am writing a book!
Join the movement
Even though I am scared and nervous, I go in God’s guidance. God is calling for a revival and we want you to be a part of it.
Do you want to be a part of the launch team? If yes, we are looking for the following:
- Prayer Warriors: People who will pray for the increase of God’s kingdom, the success of this book and a revival in the spirits and hearts of people in our communities with this movement.
- Social Sharers: Share the book socially on your channels and feeds.
- Networking: If you have contacts at radio stations, tv, podcasts, blogs or newspapers and can get us an interview.
- Reviewers: Be the first group to receive the book and leave a review on Amazon.
- Artistic skills: Provide guidance on look for cover, video launch, banners and marketing materials.
If you feel called to this movement, please join our mailing list. We are choosing the first 100 volunteers.
May God’s grace, mercy and love be with you.