“Meanwhile, all the people were wailing and mourning for her. “Stop wailing,” Jesus said. “She is not dead but asleep.”” Luke 8:52
I found what Jesus said very interesting. After all, if one person says that someone is dead then there may be some doubt. But, a whole crowd who were wailing and mourning stands to confirm that this young child was truly dead.
But Jesus said that she was not dead but asleep.
What I got from this verse:
- God is all-knowing. Yet we don’t trust him and rely on what we know.
- Not everything we see with our eyes is truly what is actually taking place. There is so many other things happening in the spiritual realm and we need to continue to ask God for true sight.
- Many times we are quick to react based on what we see. But some things require us to take a step back and ‘truly look’.
- Stop following the crowd! Go against the grain…
The following verse spoke of how the crowd laughed at Jesus after making this statement. How many times have we laughed at Jesus when he has rebuked us thinking HE must be crazy to ask me to do that!
- Like, forgive X for doing that because in fact there are many other things that were happening that you were not privy of!
- Or, I need you to go and speak to those people on MY behalf. God you must be crazy… they HATE you and you see the color of my skin? Nope not me… send someone else.
Food for thought: What did Christ lay in your heart when you read this? If nothing, pray again… HE will open your eyes to the only truth.
Prayer: Holy God, open my eyes to the truth and shut my mouth when I am quick to respond. May I live my life to seek to understand your will and your truth in all things. Amen.
May God’s grace, mercy and peace be with you.